Last updated on January 15th, 2020 at 06:22 am
Best Video Tripod for YouTube/Vlogging
The best video tripod is designed for smooth and stable video support. One of the most important thing while shooting a video is stability.
The tripods should be durable and reliable. There are many options in choosing a tripod stand because many different manufacturers make different models.
But, the question here is how to find the best video tripod?
Choosing your desired video tripod for your vlog is not as much easy as you’re thinking, but it is important to improve the quality of the shot.
Fortunately, there are many models of video tripods in every budget (like many cheap video tripod deals), and you should find a best one to get the job done, even if the cost is a real problem.
So, we recommend choosing one from the given list of video tripods discussed in this article.
Over the years, hundreds of tripods are tested, and the tripods that seems to give the best results doesn’t matter if you are shooting with a compact camera or a large video camera.
Each of the model provides what the photographer wants.
It may be the design of the leg, the type of head included, or the flexibility and versatility.
However, there are some video tripods below for you, so go ahead and pick a best one for you.
Best Video Tripod for YouTube and Vlogging are:
[table id=115 /]
1. Manfrotto MVK502AQ video tripod with MVH502A fluid head
Highly versatile, with great load capacity.
Main Features of Manfrotto MVK502AQ
- Weight 15.4 pounds
- Wide range of HDSLR platforms
- Sidelock system for safe installation
- Aluminum alloy structure
- The Manfrotto MVK502AQ with MVH502A headless video tripod features a spring-loaded balance system and variable-rotation fluid resistance for cameras up to 15.4 pounds.
- The head is attached to a single tube, 4-section, 3-segment leg for future use with the MVH502A included in the bundle.
- The legs themselves can support over 44 pounds and have no design hangers for quick setup and disassembly. The legs have a flip-lock that allows you to adjust the tension, so you can tighten the lock as you loosen the passage of time.
- A spiked foot provides a grip on a soft surface, and a downward rotating spiked cover protects a fragile surface and provides a grip on a hard or smooth surface.
Manfrotto 502A Pro Video Head with 75mm Half Ball
Manfrotto’s MVT535AQ aluminum tripod with a 75mm bowl combines a lightweight aluminum construction with individually locked feet to provide a single-footed 75mm bowl that can support 44 pounds. Select the video and camera head.
The tripod is designed without a hook, and each leg can be moved independently.
Choosing the leg lock angle will hold each leg until you adjust the position. With the flip lock, you can adjust the height of each leg individually. Because locking is adjustable, it can be tightened to prevent slipping and loosening, which is not common in locks.
The legs have metal studs that firmly support soft surfaces such as sand, dust, and rocky terrain. When working on hard, smooth, or delicate surfaces, you can rotate the rubber spike cover to increase grip.
- Aluminum construction and 4-stage or 3-stage design supports a 44 lb. Head and camera and provide a sturdy leg that weighs 7 lbs.
- The legs have independently selected locking angles of 23, 50, and 70 ° for safe support and positioning without the use of spreaders.
- The feet have metal studs that are very useful on soft surfaces such as beaches, dirt, and rocky areas. When working indoors on hard or fragile surfaces, you can lay the leather nailed to the rubber.
- It handles these surfaces better than the skin like metal nails and provides protection against most fragile surfaces. Protection of scratches.
- Flip-type locks are great for fast relaxing, and tightening your legs.
- Headless video tripod
- Spring loaded balance system
- Highly versatile
- Great load capacity
- Little bit clumpsy
2. Miller DV20 Tripod System
The tripod is lightweight and easy to carry, sturdy, and reliable.
Main Features of Miller DV20
- SOLO DV Level 2 tripod has a maximum height of 69 inches
- DS-20 head fluid with a payload of 22 pounds
- 75 mm 3-inch hemispherical base
- Variable dial and tilting fluid resistance
- The Solo-20 tripod system is designed to bring “big head” performance and professional features to lightweight DVCAM and DVC-PRO cameras, along with dynamic fluid resistance control and an integrated static system of balance.
- Consists of DS-20 fluid heads.
- Miller DV-20 provides slide balance board, independent horizontal and vertical locks, and accurate levels.
- It offers a sliding balance board, independent horizontal and vertical locks, precise level with a 75mm ball level included. The result is lightweight support that provides excellent performance.
- It also included a Solo carbon fiber tripod that provides ultralight and stable stability. The Solo can be fast and securely installed up to 63 inches tall and packs in a compact 27-inch for transport.
- An optional leg-angle grip ensures high stability, and a 75 mm die-cast alloy that provides highly accurate leveling, optimal torsional rigidity, and long-lasting durability.
Multistage Gimbal Liquid In The Navigation System
The multi-stage liquid resistance system ensures smooth and consistent control of the liquid resistance at different lighting settings and heavy loads throughout the temperature range.
By not relying on the weight of compensation, a proper “start” and complete “stop” can be achieved, and an accurate frame adjustment without backlash can be achieved.
The system is completely sealed to prevent leakage and has a short shelf life.
A specially designed balance system is used to offset the effects of payload and its center of gravity. The built-in preset balance system optimizes tilt control over the expected capacity range.
Quick-release of the camera platform
Equipped with a precise sliding release that automatically joins. Make sure the camera is installed quickly and that the camera is safe from setup and pulldown due to the built-in security lock.
The built-in bubble is plus for this best video tripod for horizontal leveling.
SOLO DV tripod Legs
- carbon fiber structure
- 75mm / 3 inches below bowl
- Dual expansion design
- Maximum height of 63.2 inches (head not included)
- Concentric angle lock
- Light Weight
- Easy to carry
- Solid construction
- Can slow you down to setup
3. Velbon DV-7000N Video Tripod with PH-368 Fluid Head
This low budget option may be the best video tripod for amateurs
The Velbon DV-7000N is a 2/3 aluminum video tripod with a PH-368 Vel-Flo 9 liquid head that supports a 13.2-pound camera. Pan/tilt has an adjustable pan/tilt control, with individual pan/tilt locks and a quick-release plate for quick camera installation and removal.
The head is supported by a centrally supported three-section aluminum leg and has an upper diameter of 1.14 inches for increased stability in standard or semi-low angle settings.
With the geared center post fully extended, the maximum height is 63.98 inches, and the minimum working height is 22.36 inches. Folds to 27.6 inches for storage. The rubber feet at the bottom of the foot can be used on almost any surface.
Main Features of Velbon DV-7000N
- PH-368 liquid head with 13.2 lb capacity
- Quick-release board
- Adjustable head
- Two-level 3 aluminum tripods
- Aluminum alloy tripod with Vel-Flo 9 2-way fluid head
- 13.2 lb maximum loading capacity
- The recommended load capacity of 9.92 pounds
- Adjustable pan/tilt control with independent lock
- 1/4 “-20 quick release camera board with screw
- 3 aluminum alloy legs
- 1.14-inch thigh diameter
- Height range: 22.36 ~ 63.98 “
- 27.6-inch folding length
- Mental level
- rubber foot
The Velbon DV-7000N is a 2/3 aluminum video tripod with a PH-368 Vel-Flo 9 liquid head that supports a 13.2-pound camera. Pan/tilt has an adjustable pan/tilt control, with individual pan/tilt locks and a quick-release plate for quick camera installation and removal
- Best budget tripod
- Best for amateurs
- Adjustable tilt control
- Fast release board
- Can be used at limited places
4. Camlink TP Professional Video Tripod
Triple support legs ensure stability but increase weight
Main Features of Camlink TP
Material: Aluminum | Expansion height: 138cm | slab height: 73.4cm | Weight: 4.92kg | Bati: 3 | Maximum load: 6kg
Discount price specification
Good grip on an uneven surface
The excellent function of the tripod is obvious. Its three support legs greatly improve the stability even on uneven surfaces and provide additional grip through the glued feet.
The head is specially designed to move smoothly with dual handle control, shock absorption, and built-in levels. In general, the price of professional scores is competitive.
The exceptional stability makes this tripod a best video tripod for those vloggers that make vlogs in hilly or such areas where the surface is not smooth.
- Highly stable
- Height can be expanded up to 138 cm
- Best for hilly areas
- Dual handle control
5. Velbon Videomate 638 Video Tripod
Very affordable and has everything you need to get started.
Main features of Velbon Videomate
- 4.37 lb aluminum tripod
- Fluid level head
- Maximum height of 5.61″.
- The maximum loading capacity is 8.82 pounds
- Fluid moving and head tilted
- Maximum height of 5.61″.
- The maximum loading capacity is 8.82 pounds
- Folding length is 26.38 inches
The Velbon Videomate 638 aluminum tripod is a 4.37 lb camera stand with pan/tilt. With the geared center pole fully extended, a maximum height of 5.61 ‘and a minimum working height of 2’ can be reached. The portable tripod can be folded up to 26.38 inches.
The maximum load for the Videomate 638 is 8.82 pounds.
The Velbon Videomate 638 aluminum tripod is a 4.37 lb camera stand with a rotating head. With the geared center pole fully extended, a maximum height of 5.61 ‘and a minimum working height of 2’ can be reached.
The portable tripod can be folded up to 26.38 inches. The maximum load for the Videomate 638 is 8.82 pounds. This includes the QB-6RL quick release plate. It’s the perfect tripod for today’s lightweight camera.
- Affordable tripod
- Can be folded to 26.38 in
- Able to handle the load up to 8.82 pounds
- A bit heavy
6. Manfrotto Befree Live Travel carbon fiber tripod
Lightweight video tripod and is perfect for filmmakers worldwide.
Main Features of Manfrotto Befree
- Designed for travel and mobile use
- 8.8 lb liquid tractor capacity
- Independent horizontal and vertical lock knob
- Maximum height of 59.1 inches (with the column)
- Manfrotto’s Befree live video tripod kit is designed for travel and on-the-go photography with a torsional leg lock consisting of a rugged carbon fiber tripod, a fluid video head, and a quick-release plate.
- The load capacity of the head is 8.8 pounds, and you can move the fluid through another pan.
- The composition can be accurately controlled by moving the fluid using a separate pan and tilt the lock knobs. It comes with a locker and fast sliding release plate that can be moved to improve the flexibility.
- When you raise the column, the maximum height of the legs is 59.1 inches, but with the M lock, you can adjust and complete the rotation of 90 degrees in just a few seconds.
- The choice of sliding foot angle is easy to access and can be operated with one finger for easy adjustment.
- The main reason of including this tripod in the list of best video tripod is the Easy Link connector, which you can use for connecting compatible accessories such as flashes and mirrors.
- The BefreeLive can be folded to 16.1 inches with the head and attached to the camera with a 1/4 “-20 or 3/8” -16 thread.
- Compact carbon fiber tripod kit designed for travel and is ideal for mobile use, such as vlogging.
- Equipment can accommodate up to 8.8 pounds
- Hydraulic head with level and quick release plate
- Pan and tilt lock knob enables single-axis movement
- Legs can reach 59.1 inches high and can be folded up to 16.1 inches
- Turn on the leg lock system and rotate each knob by 90 °
- Easily select the angle selector with a single finger operation
- Includes a locker for fluid movement; removable
- Individual angle selector option
- Hydraulic head
- Compact carbon fiber design
- Fluid head is not so smooth
7. Benro S7
Ideal for those who need accurate balance and control.
Main Features of Benro S7
- The load capacity of 15.4 lbs
- Flat Base Head with Half Ball Adapter
- 4 levels of stability
- Continuous drag support
- The Benro S7 tripod kit and A373F aluminum tripod are designed to support camera equipment up to 15.4 pounds. This kit combines an S7 video head with a 2-level, 3-section A373F Series 3 aluminum tripod.
- The head of the lens is attached to a tripod using a flexible 75 mm bowl adapter and glued directly to a tripod, monopod, slider, or other camera support device via a 3/8 “-16 stud.
- The maximum height is 63.18, the height is 11.6 inches, weighs 8.5 pounds, and includes a suitcase that can be easily shipped and stored.
- The head has a four-stage balance system that removes the weight of the camera or lens from heavy-duty and can be pulled correctly after each shot with a continuous horizontal drag adjustment. The pan lock and tilt lock operate independently of each other and are located on the side of the head operator for easy operation and control.
- The head tilted from -50 ° to + 90 °. The camera is connected to the head of the S7 via the included Manfrotto 501 / 504PL compatible sliding speed release plate. It also includes adjustable length rockers that can be attached to either side of the head.
- Other features include a lighted bubble level and two 3/8″ -16 threads for optional accessories such as monitors and recorders.
- The A3573F Series 3 aluminum tripod leg has two design stages, with three sections secured by flip-lock levers.
- The legs are designed without a spread, and three unobtrusive stoppers are adjusting to varying degrees of spread. In addition, it can be fully open for low-angle shooting. To touch almost any surface, you can easily replace the tripod screw foot with the included foot.
- Supports up to 15.4 pounds
- 3/8 “-16 thread 65 mm flat bottom
- 75mm hemisphere
- 4-step (0-3) body weight: 0, 5, 10, and 15.4 pounds
- Keep dragging
- Independent pan and tilt lock
- Tilt Range: -50 ° / + 90 °
- Compatible with the Manfrotto 501 / 504PL skateboards
- Two 3/8 “-16 accessory threads for attaching accessories such as monitors and recorders
- Bubble level
- Adjustable long locker
- 2 stage 3 section aluminum tripod with 75mm bowl fitting
- Turn on the lock lever
- Screwed rubber and claw feet
- Maximum height: 63.18 inches (S7 head is connected)
- Minimum height: 11.6 inches (S7 head is connected)
- Drag support
- Different stability levels
- Ca bear the wait upto 8.5 pounds
- Legs are without spreads
8. Manfrotto 755XB MDeVe Aluminum Video Tripod
Best video tripod with special leveling aids allowing the vlogger for perfectly stable shots.
Main Features of Manfrotto 755XB
- Supports 15.4 pounds
- Maximum height: 65 inches
- Minimum height: 16.3 inches
- Folding length: 25 inches
- The Manfrotto 755XB aluminum video tripod is a versatile two-stage best video tripod designed for cameras having weight up to 15.4 pounds. In this case, quick and reliable setup and repairs are essential.
- The 755XB has been redesigned to ergonomically release leg angles and improve the speed of foot locking.
- The built-in 50 mm leveling ball allows quick column leveling on uneven surfaces with leg grooves and key ways to ensure torsional stability during installation and use.
- Special leveling aid
- 50 mm built-in leveling balls
- Provides torsional stability
- Little bit heavy
Must check lenses that are best for vlogging.
9. Manfrotto 535BK 2 Stage 535B Carbon Fibre Tripod with 504HD Fluid Head
Rich in function but lightweight, this is a real professional choice.
Main Features of Manfrotto 535BK 2
- Maximum height: 67.32 “
- Maximum support: 44 pounds
- Minimum height: 10.63 “
- Folding destination: 28.94 “
The Manfrotto 535 carbon fiber video tripod has three sections and a 75 mm half bowl for the liquid head. The 535 is fitted with a carbon fiber tube, and magnesium dies casting for excellent stability, high load capacity, and is lightweight.
- 75 mm half bowl with liquid head
- Able to fold up to 28.94″
- High load capacity
- Light weight
- Little expensive
10. Manfrotto 546GBK Video Tripod with 504HD Head
Feet and video bowls for heavy professional video equipment
Main Features of Manfrotto 546GBK
- 165 lbs load capacity
- Aluminum feet
- 18 to 66 inches
- 4 levels of balance
- The Manfrotto 504HD Head with a 546GB 2 stage aluminum tripod system combines the 504HD fluid video head and 2 stage aluminum 546GB professional video tripod for an ideal combination of affordable, stable, efficient and accurate control.
- The tripod has a 75mm hemisphere, and the stick has a 75mm bowl for quick and safe leveling.
- The compact and versatile system is designed by keeping in mind for independent video and DSLR photographs in mind.
- It provides the level of ergonomic and support that little people need today.
504HD video head fluid
The patented 504HD bridging technology allows for a wide top plate and long slides, adding stability and balance to the latest professional features.
A newly designed balance system that includes four presets from 0 to 16.5 pounds provides the right balance for camera loads up to 16 pounds, and allows 3/8 “-16” threads on the top plate connected directly to the monitor.
So, we can say that this is the best video tripod for shooting with heavy weight cameras.
The aluminum of this two-stage tripod combines stability and strength at an affordable price. The 546B has a maximum height of 60.6 inches and can support a weight of up to 44 pounds.
The pointed foot has a rubber overshoe that can be glued to a smooth floor or uneven surface. A newly designed ground telescopic spreader keeps the foot where needed.
75mm ball level
The head has a 75 mm hemisphere and can be mounted on a 75 mm tripod. This allows for quick leveling and a strong gimbal.
- Best for professional video equipment
- 4 balance levels
- Highly compact and versatile
- A bit heavy
11. Sachtler Ace M Fluid Head with 2-Stage Aluminum Tripod
This Tripod is Lightweight, sleak and easy to carry!
- For HDSLR and video cameras
- Support up to 8.8 pounds
- Drag: Zero per H / V + 3 level
- 5 levels of balance
- The Sachtler Ace M hydraulic head, with a two-tier aluminum tripod and a centrally mounted spreader, is a complete tripod system for videographers using DSLR cameras and small camcorders.
- Whether you use a small camera to shoot a documentary, ENG, wedding, corporate video, or another type of project, the Ace M system can meet your needs.
- Lightweight, compact design and medium height spreads are ideal for projects that require a lot of setup changes on unpredictable surfaces.
- The Ace M’s head fluid comes with a load of up to 8.8 lb, a 5-step balance, and a 4.1-inch adjustment range so that you can balance small cameras accurately.
- Designed for use as an ace jet fluid system by Sachtler engineers, the SA traction system allows you to the pan and tilt the noisy rocker smoothly and accurately with three levels of horizontal drag and vertical directions if the resistance is zero, the nozzle tilt from + 90 ° to -75 °.
- The tripod is mounted in a 75 mm bowl. The maximum height of a two-tier aluminum model with an Ace M head is 66.5 inches, providing a comfortable working height for almost all users. It also includes a temporary layer that increases stability on all surfaces of the room and leaves the system.
For ace fluid head systems, Sachtler’s engineers have developed a patented resistor SA (synchronous drive) resistor that guarantees accuracy and repetition at very high prices.
The SA drag has 3 vertical and 3 horizontal drag levels for accurate pan and tilt adjustments. Caution can also be completely disabled
The Ace M’s head weighs just 3.7 pounds and is made of fiberglass reinforced composite, making it lightweight and provides a comfortable and non-slippery feel.
This camera allows camera operators to operate very intuitively and professionally. Thanks to the lighter and smaller system size, the operator wants to carry an ace.
Sachtler Familiar Features
- Ace M Head reflects on Sachtler’s ability to develop camera support products for 50 years. It has a fixed camera screw position such as the Ace M camera board and 4.1 “length slide range. 1/4” -20 screw and video board pins.
- The broadcast feel of the small camera.
- Ace M’s liquid head and cargo range from 0 to 8.8 pounds, making it ideal for small HD and HDV camcorders and HDSLR cameras. With 5 levels of balance, you can reach the right balance quickly and easily.
- 5 balance levels
- Compact design
- Good for unpredictable surfaces
- Bit expensive
Right now, quality is a must, and it is important to have all the necessary video production accessories. An important accessory for video is the best video tripod.
If you do not have the best video tripod, you may see a video changing. It will affect the quality, but surely you will not want it. Therefore, you need to buy one.
Best Video Tripod Based On User’s Review
[table id=116 /]
Q1. How much is a good tripod?
Head and head jackets cost between $ 75 and $ 150, which is a good price for a simple tool.
Q2. Can I travel with a tripod?
If your camera setup is heavy, you will need a tripod more stable than if you need a small DSLR, no glass, or a compact camera. Most travelers do not travel with a sturdy camera, so most tripod motors need to be strong enough.
Q3. Is any tripod suitable for any camera?
Currently, the bottom of most cameras has a 1/4 inch internal thread that connects to the tripod head. This pan/tilt can be purchased separately, but tripods usually have their own pan/tilt.
Q4. What is the best tripod height?
If your height is 4’9 “, do you really need or need a tripod that can expand to 74” tall? A good rule of thumb for me is a tripod that can be extended to the height of my eyes or slightly above it. In addition to leg length, various leg locking mechanisms are fitted.
Q5. Is a tripod different?
With a tripod, using a fixed lens and slowing down the exposure produces a very sharp image. Well, the premise is that you are not talking about sports themes! Even if you stop it, there is a great deal of variation in clarity, especially on the edge of the frame. But give up the shutter speed.
Q6. Is the carbon fiber tripod worth it?
Traditionally, tripods are made of aluminum, but lately, they are said to be stronger and lighter than metal tripods, and carbon fiber tripods have become popular. So carbon fiber is very strong on tripods of the same diameter and lighter because of the lower density of the material.
Q7. Can I bring a tripod to the cabin?
Yes! A common question from travel photographers is whether they can carry tripods and monopolies as carrying items. For those who want to get everything on the plane, the Safe Traffic Traffic (TSA) in the United States allows tripods and monopoly on photos taken.